PUBLIC SERVICES OFFERED BY THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE INCLUDE:
Both the Sheriff’s Office and the DeKalb County Police Department execute arrest warrants.
- Arrest warrants can be obtained at Magistrate’s Court.
- Sheriff’s Office Warrant Unit (404-298-8200)
The Sheriff’s Office serves civil papers originating in Superior Court, divorce papers, lawsuits, and special orders of the Court (FiFa, Rule NiSi, Arrest Orders, Subpoenas, other Execution Writs).
- All civil papers from the Superior Court must first be recorded in the Superior Court Clerk’s Office before they can be served by the Sheriff’s Office.
- Civil papers originating in State Court or Magistrate Court are served by the Marshal of the State Court of DeKalb County (404-371-2930). CLICK HERE FOR CIVIL PROCESS SERVICES AND FEES
Commitment to Mental Institutions
The Sheriff’s Office can transport persons to mental institutions if presented with one of the following two documents:
- A court order from the Probate Court, DeKalb County – Mental Health Department (404-371-2663).
- A Form 1013 issued by a physician requesting that a person be taken to a mental institution for evaluation.
Payment of Fines or Restitution
Fines and restitutions should be paid at the following locations:
- State Court: DeKalb County Courthouse (404-371-2261).
- Probate Court: DeKalb Probate Office (404-370-5113).
- Magistrate’s Court/Civil Division: Magistrate’s Court on Memorial Drive (404-508-0368).
Visit this page to learn how to apply for a license to conduct a raffle.
Secondary Metals Recycling
Visit this page to learn about Secondary Metals Recycling procedures and registration
PUBLIC SERVICES NOT OFFERED BY THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE INCLUDE:
Jury Duty Information
Call the Superior Court Clerk’s Office, Jury Management Supervisor (404-371-2022).
Weapons (Guns) Licenses
For information, call the Probate Court (404-371-2262).
For permits, call the DeKalb County Police Department (404-297-3934)
The Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for evictions except when ordered by the courts.
- Eviction notices are obtained through the Magistrate Court, Civil Division (404-371-2261)
- Eviction notices are served by the Marshal of the State Court of DeKalb County (404-371-2930).
The DeKalb County Government issues business licenses. Call (404-371-2461) or visit the website www.dekalbcountyga.gov.
Animal Services and Enforcement
Call this number to request animal services or to report stray animals (404-294-2996).