Salary Range: $37,170-$57,612
The purpose of this classification is to provide and maintain security, safety, care, and control of inmates, detention facility, and facility equipment and to supervise inmates in the County jail.
- Ensures the security and safety of the inmates; ensures that inmates are not injured by themselves or by other inmates; responds to alarms; conducts inmate and cell searches to remove contraband materials and weapons; and provides inmates with information regarding charges, bonding, attorneys, and personal interactions.
- Monitors and accounts for the inmates; conducts intake (booking) of inmates on arrival; monitors and ensures that all inmates are accounted for and are secured in their cells; conducts walkthroughs and body counts; and monitors the control towers and video surveillance system.
- Provides inmates with daily living needs; Issues clothing; performs inmate meal distribution and commissary distribution; oversees recreation activities and religious services; and oversees operation of cafeteria and laundry services.
- Monitors inmate health status; monitors and conducts basic evaluations of health status; involves healthcare professionals as needed; and escorts or transports inmates to medical facilities following doctor or nurse recommendation.
- Transports inmates to different locations; and transports or escorts inmates to different locations within the facility or to locations outside the facility.
- Ensures the security and safety of facility staff and visitors; monitors visitor access to facilities and conducts searches for contraband materials; and escorts visitors within the facility.
High school diploma or GED required; one year of work experience in any field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. The minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license; and must complete and maintain Basic Jail Officer Certification, CPR and First Aid.