SHERIFF’S PROCESSING TECHNICIAN:
This is a clerical, customer service position at the DeKalb County Jail. Depending on
your assignment, you could, on a daily basis, be responsible for performing any or all of
- Receive public telephone calls and in-person visits from the public to provide
information regarding jail and bonding procedures.
- Process bond monies and all cash bonds; approve and arrange bail bonds.
- Coordinate transportation of inmates to and from courts, state facilities, and
Notify appropriate personnel of inmate releases and transfers.
- Coordinate daily inmate court schedules; maintain active inmate files; liaison with
the court system and other agencies.
- Update and maintain active inmate databases for sentencing, bond, credit due.
- Determine and verify inmate criminal histories and current wanted status.
- Secure and store, categorize and release inmate property.
- Book suspects into jail and process inmates for release.
- Document all activity conducted in assigned position; complete daily activity
reports, log books, incident reports, vehicle inspection forms, inmate property
receipts, and various other reports and documents associated with routine duties;
maintain files and records.
A high school diploma or GED from an Accredited Agency recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditationand one year of
customer service, clerical, or related experience. Experience working in a detention
center/jail is desired. A combination of training and experience will be considered. Must
be 18 years of age or older.
Annual Salary – $30,171.00 (Monthly – $2,514.25)