This position maintains law and order, serves legal processes of courts, provides
courtroom services, and provides and maintains security, safety, care, and control of
inmates, detention facility and facility equipment.The position may require performance
of some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct investigations to determine location/locate individuals named in criminal
and civil papers.
- Serve felony and misdemeanor warrants; arrest individuals named in warrants;
execute lunacy pickup orders; transport prisoners to county jail or to mental
- Enforce all the rules and regulations of the courtroom and/or jail; maintain safety
and security of the general public, facility staff, and county inmates; escort
inmates to various parts of the jail or court facility.
- Transport inmates to and from court; provide safety and security during transport;
guard prisoners in court; maintain order and security in courtrooms; search
witnesses and the public for weapons.
- Supply inmates with meals; ensure medical attention is provided to inmates as
needed; dispense medication to inmates under the direction of physician or
A high school diploma or GED from an Accredited Agency recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation; a valid Georgia
driver’s license; must be 21 years of age or older; must pass current Georgia P.O.S.T.
certification as a law enforcement officer; must possess the following minimum
- Two (2) years of experience as a law enforcement officer
- Georgia P.O.S.T. certification as a law enforcement officer
Job Code: 7101
Annual Salary – $38,151.00 (Monthly – $3,171.25)